Ofsted Report, Febuary 2017
The Provision is GOOD.
Please download this file for the full report Ofsted Feb 2017
Summery of Findings:
- Children are very happy, settled and secure in the welcoming atmosphere.
- Staff know all the children well and interact with them with warmth, enthusiasm and care.
- The manager is reflective and ambitious. She has a clear commitment to the continuing development of the provision. She leads the staff in reviewing their practice accurately and effectively to help improve learning experiences for children.
- Children enjoy a wide range of creative and engaging activities. For example, they consider which animals are found in the Arctic and create their own Arctic scene.
- Children acquire good mathematical skills. For example, they identify numerals at snack time and they count out the corresponding pieces of fruit from the bowl.
- Staff fully value parents’ involvement in their children’s learning and development. Parents appreciate the successful care practices, such as the effective settling-in process and the quality, personalised care staff give their children.
- Children learn to be independent in managing their own needs. This helps prepare them for the next steps in their learning, including school.
This provision is good
- Children make good progress in their learning and have a lot of fun as they take part in
a broad range of activities.
- Staff promote children’s social skills, self-esteem and behaviour very well.
- The stimulating environment and good use of resources promotes children’s learning
and development well.
- Children receive good support to adopt healthy lifestyles. They enjoy nutritious snacks
and develop independence in their self-care.
- Staff provide regularly opportunities for children to engage in the community and learn
about their local environment.